Ezra got it from me......I'm ALWAYS hurting myself one way or another.
EZRA'S LATEST ACCIDENTS..........Poor Ezra is trying to stand like a big boy but almost every time he falls on his head with a THUD! His poor head is covered in bruises. What can I do? I can't keep him down....how will he learn? Maybe a helmet? I guess this could be considered "growing pains" I'm not sure who is hurt more Ezra or my heart. This is one phase of life I hope passes soon!!!! On to the next accident...... Well I am apart of a little sewing club. Just a few moms from church and a bunch of kids. Well we were making something that required an iron. All of the older children knew not to get close to the ironing board and they didn't....that we know of. The little ones were crawling around and playing not close to the ironing board at all. Then we hear it...that HORRIBLE heart wrenching scream! Somehow the iron was on the floor and Ezra's hand was on it. We never heard the iron hit the floor and if you have ever droped one you know they make a big thud. There were five moms all in that room, myself and one other mom were within three feet of the iron. We are all puzzled! How did the iron get on the floor????....I guess we will never know! Ezra has some blisters on he hand. Thank goodness Ezra's burn is not as bad as it could have been!!! I have some special medicated cream and he wears a glove to keep the cream on and infection out. By the way his glove is pink (thanks Kacey!) he looks like Micheal Jackson. I've got to get a picture because I guess someday this will be something dare I say funny. Seeing your child in pain is the most HORRIBLE part about being a mother. I know it will happen again and I just can't stand it!!! Ezra is doing really well, what a trooper!!! The crazy thing is that right before this happened all the moms were taking about all the accidents that their kids have had. I was thinking to myself...wow I guess I'm getting off lucky with a few bruises. Well be careful what you think and NEVER...EVER let your kids in a room with a hot iron!!!!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Posted by Brittany at 6:22 PM
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
My baby is eight months old!?!
Where does the time go? Ezra is changing so much! Everyday it seems he can do a little more than he could the day before. It is hard because part of me wants him to stay little but the other part of me is so proud of everything he can do! Here are some of the things he has done in the past month....
We "washed" our cars in the rain. They were so dirty from all the rain and dirt so we scrubbed them in the rain and watched the lightening. It was so fun...... even if the neighbors think we are crazy!
These are Ezra's teething tablets. I think chewing on the bottle brings him more relief than taking the tablets. I don't know how he got the lid off!!! Don't worry they are homeopathic so he could eat the whole bottle and it won't hurt him.......don't be trying to call CPS telling them I'm a bad Mother!
He is pulling himself up to stand on EVERYTHING! The only problem is he doesn't know how to get back down..........
Method # 2: He falls down......TIMBER.....like a tree! His poor head!!!!
I'm sure he'll learn a better method soon.....I hope!
- He is NOT eating solid food (every time we feed him anything he spits it up within a hour or two. I guess his little body isn't ready for it yet!)
- He loves to bounce in his Jumperoo and watch Baby Einsteins (thanks Michelle!)
- He like to try to Jump around while I feed him (apparently I am his personal jungle gym) It is very challenging to nurse this way! He also gives me high fives while eating, it's so cute!
- He Loves to play with Daddy!
- He loves Mommy!
- He ZOOMS around the house in his modified army crawl. He dose not see the need to do a regular crawl when he can where he needs to go just fine.
- He loves to smile!
- He is very good at playing by himself......when it is his choice! Sometimes he just wants Mommy and Daddy to play. That is just fine with us! I know someday he won't want to play with me so I'm trying to take it in now!!!
- He has eight teeth!
- He has had eight hair cuts! Everyone asks me why.....well if I didn't his Mohawk would be about a foot tall by now!
- He plays with his ear and gnaws on the side of his thumb to self sooth.
- Puts EVERYTHING....I mean EVERYTHING in his mouth!
- He started taking steps while holding on to the couch TODAY!!!!
Posted by Brittany at 10:41 AM
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Posted by Brittany at 8:14 AM
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Posted by Brittany at 3:00 PM