Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sweet Sisters!

Well it's 5:00 am and I just can't sleep, I have to blog! Last night some of the ladies from church threw me a baby shower. I have to say I was very surprised when I found out they wanted to give me a shower. I have not been in the ward very long and most of the time I have been in the ward I have been serving in the children's organization know as the primary. I woke up this morning and began to cry, because I am so overwhelmed by the kindness of these women! In these hard times where money is tight, they spent their time and money to buy gifts for the baby. We received so many wonderful gifts! Diapers, wipes, baby wash, baby feeding supplies, cute outfits and beautiful handmade gifts. We now have a great start to all the things we need. Babies need a lot of stuff!!!

Dear Sisters of The Rainbow Ward,
I don't know if any of you will ever read this. I want to thank you for the kindness! Maybe you were thinking.... Should I go to this shower?..... I don't very know her very well...... Will she even care that I come? The answer is.... I am thankful you came.... I am glad we got to know each other better..... And It means the world to me that you were there! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for the wonderful food! Thank you for the wonderful gifts! Thank you for showing me your love!
Much love,
Sister Brittany Petersen

Sorry no pictures! My camera is not really working very well. A new camera is on the list of things to buy before the baby comes.

2 comments:

Danielle Avila said...

Brittany...that was really sweet. I think it turned out really great. I'm glad I could be there to share that night with you.

Jennelle said...

ya, it was lots of fun I thought. You got some really cute stuff too =o) Sorry we couldn't say to help clean up.