Saturday, October 11, 2008

Unexpected

So I got a flat tire. It stinks right? Yesterday Ryan and I went to the tire store to see if they could fix my tire or if we would have to buy a new one. So the plan was to spend anywhere from $50.00-$120.00 give or take a few dollars. So we get to the tire store and the tire was not able to be fixed so time for a new tire. Ok this is a bummer but we knew it was a possibility. So they looked at my other tires and come to find out two of the four tires are legally bald and the other to were almost there as well. So I didn't need one new tire I needed FOUR! So they tell us what the price would be (over $600.00) and ask us how we would like to pay for it. I was freaking out,  I was still trying to process the fact that I needed four new tires. Ryan had to leave because he was running late for work so I needed to take care of it by myself. Before Ryan left he told me to call a couple of other places just to make sure it was a ok price for the tires. I called Sam's club because I heard that they sometimes have really good deals. After telling them what kind of tires I needed they gave me a out the door price of $354.99. GREAT this was half the price of the place I was at so I headed to Sam's Club. When I got there they were writing up my bill and then they asked me some more questions. They then told me that the tire were wrong for my car and they didn't have the right kind for my car. They said maybe there other location might have the tires I needed but they would about the same price as the place I had just left. Feeling overwhelmed and frustrated I drove home to do some more research. As soon as I got home I cried, I just couldn't take anymore!!! I was not planning on spending that much money. We have been spending so much money trying to fix up the house. Well I pulled myself together and got myself some new tires. I was helped by a great guy named Rocco at Discount Tires on Sahara and Torrie Pines and he gave me a good price. So it was still a lot of money but its done. So let me backtrack and tell you about when I got my flat tire....... It was the most wonderful way I could have got one. I was turning onto Rainbow from Flamingo and my Dad was right behind me to save me! After I found out how bad my tires were I felt very blessed that I hadn't had some horrible blowout. I was driving around not knowing how dangerous my tires really were. I could have gotten into a accident that could have hurt me the baby or both of us. I went from feeling upset about the money to feeling blessed that I was safe. It really has made me wonder how many times do "bad" things happen to us that really protect us from something really bad. So from now on I am going to try and find the good in the unexpected mishaps. 

7 comments:

Tara said...

Ugh thats a bummer when you have to spend so much money on things like tires (I mean there improtnant but not FUN at all) anyways, glad you got a flat the way you did too =)

** mY aDDRESS
5730 W. Oleta Ave.
89139

Amber and Jared said...

I am so glad you weren't hurt! I hate it whenI have to deal with that kind of stuff by myself! Guys seem to handle it so much better! :) My address is 4571 Timaru Dr, 89147. Oh and you asked about apples for applesauce...the best are golden delicious, but any kind will work. Peel and core them, put them in a pot with a little water and cook them until they are soft enough to mash with a potatoe masher! Add sugar to taste...tart apples take more sugar! Wa La!

Jennelle said...

I know how it totally sucks to have to fork over money for things you just would rather not to. It's better that you and baby are safe though. Hooray for new tires =o)

Chels Allred said...

OMG..i just went through the tire thing as well last week, one blew out, and i took my car in and they were all BALD! i was so bummed i had to drop 700 bucks!

Amy said...

Buying new tires sucks! At least your dad was with you when you got your flat tire. At least you got it all taken care of without a baby in the care to haul around to all of those stores too!

Danielle Avila said...

That SUCKS! I hate when those unexpected kinks happen like that. It just drains your energy. I am glad that you and the baby are safe and you saved a little money at the same time.

Mindy said...

I posted a few pictures from yesterday on my photography blog:

http://www.redrockstudioslv.com/LasVegasPhotographyBlog

I hope you like them! I had tons of fun, we need to all hang out soon :)