Monday, December 15, 2008

Am I done yet?

Well I lasted a pretty long time I must say but my happiness has just about run out! I am feeling very done with this whole being pregnant thing. The melt downs are happening more and more, I have nothing to wear and I keep getting the question "when are you due?" or "haven't you had that baby yet!?!" There are many things I've learned being pregnant and I would like to share them with the world.
1. NEVER tell a pregnant woman "Wow you're huge!" or "Your really getting big!" Just don't comment on how big she is getting, she already knows! (I know many times people are just trying to make conversation, but talk about the weather!)
2. ALWAYS tell a pregnant women she is looking good. (It will make her day!)
3. NEVER make fun of a pregnant woman while she is eating.
4. When a pregnant women says she is tired don't tell her"Just wait 'till you have the baby then you'll see what tired is." We all know newborns are A LOT of work and sleepless nights come with the territory. She just wants to vent.
5. ALWAYS complement her on whatever she is doing well. With all those crazy hormones she sometimes feels that nothing is going right. It is nice to hear someone thinks she is doing something well.
6. NEVER, EVER call and ask her if she has had her baby yet. AND do not ask her the very same question every time she calls you. When the baby comes, you will know!
These are just a few of the things I wish the world to know! These are very very important at the end of pregnancy (where I currently find myself) because, although she might just smile or laugh at your comment, she is really thinking how she would like to punch you in the nose!

So, I know I haven't hit my due date yet, but I guess I just thought I would have the baby early. Having a natural birth is hard in our society where most everyone is induced and has their babies early. It actually is normal for babies to come after their due date. But, sigh, I have decided to go the all natural route. So, I guess whenever the baby is done he will come. I am just having a hard time because I know several people due the same time as me and they are all having there babies now.

Enough of all this complaining! I am so thankful that the baby is doing really well! He is very healthy and active. Ryan and I have enjoyed watching him move around. When Ryan gets home from work at about 1:30 am we sit and talk to the baby and play with him, it has really been fun! I really want to be done being pregnant, but at the same time I want him to stay in there until he is good and done. We can't wait for him to come! This is where the news of his arrival will be, so keep an eye out.

10 comments:

CJMsquared+6 said...

I have been anxiously awaiting posts to your blog about baby news! I always go to my due date and beyond so I feel your pain about the "you're still here?" and "when's that baby coming?" comments. My favorite is the advice of how to kick start labor yourself... my all time favorite was "I ate spaghetti the night before I went into labor with both my kids." Like spaghetti is some wonder inducer... I think not! Hang in there, you'll do great when the time comes. Can't wait to see the little guy!

Emily said...

Oh girl - I totally feel for you on this one. I literally could have written that first paragraph you wrote. I hit my breaking point at about 8 months - I was totally done with being pregnant... I was melting down every night. I was so uncomfortable I can't even begin to describe it. And I was SO sick of all eyes going directly to my tummy every time I went somewhere. Plus I had NO energy and was SO cranky all the time! I know it doesn't help YOU to know this - but I just wanted you to know that my heart goes out to you... Anyway - I hope you go into labor soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and I'll be keeping my eyes open for the big news!!

Chels Allred said...

haha, i feel ya girl, ive never been pregnant, but im sure all of those things would drive me crazy as well..some people are just inconsiderate and are too stupid to know better...and..im SURE you look beautiful as ALWAYS.

Alli Waldron said...

I think everyone who has ever been pregnant goes through all of those things. The funny thing is that even after you have been through it, you will still be one of the people doing those same annoying things.

I was excited when I saw that you had a new post. I thought we were hearing baby news, but then I realized that I better get a phone call before I read it on your blog - just warning you!! Chad and I expect to come see that baby boy as soon as you want visitors!

Tara said...

Ok... I totally agree with all the NEVER_____ to a pregnant woman =) Ive had some of those already =) And im only half way!! Well, sounds like all is going well other than that and wanting hte baby out, and who cares if others are having them early.. All props to you for doing it all natural. Thats great!! Well cant wait to pictures of your little one!

Tiffany Steele said...

Sorry that it has been so terrible for you!!! Hope everything goes better once your litte sweetie is born. Good luck.

The Fleming Family said...

Hang in there. It sounds weird, but you will miss it.
And you are right, people say the stupidest stuff. They just dont think first. You would think strangers could keep their mouths closed, but no!
I think you look great! I hope I look that good when I'm 9 months pregnant!
-Danielle

Amy said...

I laughed so hard when I read that! I can TOTALLY relate. But you did look fabulous at the Christmas party the other night! Good luck with getting that baby out of your tummy soon!

Soares Family said...

Girl~you are soo beautiful pregnant,I am totally jealous!! And you are already a great mommy!!! But remember, you are not alone. After you have him he will grow up faster than you can imagine. So just savor all you can with your little one! Anytime you need to vent, I know you have a great support system with family and friends-Sorry I couldn't be there for your shower!!

Megan said...

I was wondering how you were feeling, I feel the same exact way! I miss not seeing you at church to exchange stories. I am glad you and the baby are doing well. I am going to be induced tonight due to borderline HBP and edema, It started back at 34 1/2 weeks, I was even put on bed rest and tributaline for 2 weeks, the baby is fine but the mommy is not doing so fine. I feel your pain and discomforts. You will have to lt me know when your little boy arrives. My email is mlybbertlv@gmail.com. Take care an good luck with everything!! Love Megan Jolley