Monday, December 8, 2008

We're in!

November 10, 2008
Well the house still has lots of work left to do be we are now living in it. I was beginning to think this day would never come!!! Let me back up and give the full story……
Ryan and I bought my Grandfather’s house in October 2007. This is the home my mother grew-up from the age of four! Many of my favorite childhood memories happened in this home. So Ryan and I had big plans as we started to remodel/modernize it. Our lease was up for our apartment in December. Not wanting or being able to afford to pay both rent and a mortgage we moved in with Ryan’s Dad and Step mom who kindly opened up there home to us on December 29th. Our plan was to live with them for just two or three months. Well one BAD thing ( I hate to use the word bad even though some of it really was BAD!)…… Well one Crazy thing after another we lived with Ryan’s parents much longer than we expected!
So here we are. We don’t have a laundry room yet ( I do our wash at my parents) or a finish bathroom (we have a toilet and a shower done in one bathroom and we wash our hands and brush our teeth in the kitchen) and there are many other little things that need to be done, but we don’t care! We have are very own place and we love it!!! Ryan and I have put our blood sweat and tears into this home literally! I am so proud of Ryan and all the great work he has done and continues to do on the house, he is amazing! I also want to say thank you to all the family and friends who have helped us, you know who you are!
A special thank to Ryan’s parents for opening up there home to us! Words cannot express how grateful we are all there help!!!! Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!
P.S. Our house is right by UNLV so if you are ever at a Rebels game stop by. GO REBELS!!!!

0 comments: